Give More HUGS Ambassadors and youth leaders in schools across Texas will mobilize their peers and school community to write letters of love for military and veteran families. Students will learn first hand about families who lost a loved one while serving our country. Students will write to these families to show love, empathy, and support. These letters will be given to organizations that work with military families and veterans. Through youth voices and school partnerships, we aim to write 2,000 or more letters to share our love for those who serve our nation.
On behalf of Give More HUGS and the families of our military and veterans, THANK YOU!!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- If you are interested in having your class participate in Letters of Love, please fill out this form.
- Once the form is complete, download the Letters of Love handout. which includes a step by step process, a sign in sheet, and designated stationary.
- Play the powerpoint as an introduction to the Letters of Love activity.
- Have your students prepare hand written letters for our veterans and servicemen or for the families who have lost a family member in service.
- Once the letters have been collected and stuffed in individual envelopes, please mail them together in a single package to:
Give More HUGS
2118 Buckskin Trail
Temple, TX 76502